Tuesday, January 10, 2012

READING!!!

My 3 year old is reading!!! I have been working with Treygen a lot lately on his "school." He has really impressed me how fast he picked up on everything. He has been learning his letters for a while now. We have some cards with the letters on them so I started putting 3 letter words together and having him sound them out. We did this for a few days and he was a little frustrated at first but caught on quickly so I printed up a few pages of words for him. He read them all and I only had to help him with a couple. I was so amazed at how good he did. We had only been putting letters together for a couple days and he was already reading 5 pages worth! He is way excited about it too! First thing this morning he was up wanting me to practice with him. Hopefully that excitement for learning will stay around for a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment